Friday, July 9, 2010

You--Day Four

Hmm.
Okay, here's the thing.
The marvelous I'm-A-Super-Baby-Look-At-Me-Sleep! stretch can not occur from 9pm-2am.
Mama does not, can not, go to bed at 9:00 with you.
Good grief, girl, we're still trying to wrangle toddler legs into jammies and reading "Goldilicious" for the 976th time right then!

So that's what you did last night and though I wanted to wake you at midnight when I was ready for bed, I'm glad I didn't because from midnight to 2:00 was the longest stretch of sleep I had.
Once you woke, you were ravenous.
And since you'd missed a few feeds, you couldn't sleep another marvelous super baby stretch so we were up every hour/hour and a half snacking.

I looked like a zombie this morning and that ain't no joke, sister.
In fact, I think I even had dred locks in my hair.
It was that bad.

But today I'm up and feeling better.
Jenny and her gang are coming for a second visit as their first, on your first whole day home, was botched by an arrival from midwife Abby to check us out, then an appearance by Memaw, and an unexpected visit from Grandpa and Cookie.
ALL AT THE SAME TIME!
It was a mad-house!
So their visit was cut short and they're coming back in just a bit to get some good Luxie Lovin' all to themselves.

I have to say that while I am feeling better, my hormones are off the chain right now.
The night my milk came in, I was swinging wildly from sweating to being so chilled I was wrapped in a robe, then wrapped in a towel over that.
I knew I had pregnancy hormones leaving and milk-making hormones arriving and even  now, I'm a disaster.
I sweat.
I hate to sweat.
But I have all this extra pregnancy fluid to lose and so I'm stuck with it right now.
(The injustices never end.)

Worse, I'm really short-tempered.
Like really short-tempered.
And I hate that because my other kids don't see me much so I don't want to be a horrid scary monster of a mommy when they do.
I feel like one of the most important un-spoken requests between child and parent is that for patience.
And now I find myself doing the asking.

Waking you to feed and diaper so you'll be ready to dazzle your new best friends.

Love,
Mama