Sunday, July 4, 2010

5:15pm

Last ditch effort coming.

Jill is back on her way over to manually strip my membranes, in an attempt to progress this labor.
If it does not work, if nothing is going on by bedtime, her recommendation is that we head to the hospital.
They seem to be more comfortable just allowing nature to take its course--once they introduce anything into my girlie bits, it sort of forces our hand a bit so they were reluctant earlier to try this.

But with labor stalling again, and with my concern growing, they are willing to give it a shot for me.

Jill said on the phone that an examination would be aggressive in nature or there's no point in taking the risk.
I have to tell you that I'm dreading this like you wouldn't believe.
But I want to keep you safe and I'm gambling either way.
I feel better trying something than doing nothing.
If this doesn't work, at least I'll know I did everything that I thought would get you here.

And if you still don't come...

Just come.