Saturday, July 3, 2010

10:47pm

For the past few days I've felt like I've been standing in front of a locked door holding a ring of keys.
Behind the door is something I desperately need and in that ring of keys, there is only one that works but I have to stand there and try and try and try each one until I find the right one.
Today I feel like I found the key, I finally heard the "click" of the lock turning but now...my hands are too sweaty to turn the doorknob.

Seriously.

You're not planning a night attack are you? 
The one where my eyes snap open and realize that I'm having a baby NOW?

I just find it funny that I woke up today thinking it was the PERFECT scenario, and if you look back a few posts, I think you'll find that I even described this day in the way it played out to be my dream birth day for you.
And all along I've said the one I prefer least is what's approaching.

At this point, I'd just  to like a good night's sleep and to face you in the morning.
If you have not arrived over night, I will be calling for help as soon as I get moving.
The good news is that I feel really ready and have had the whole day to prepare mentally for this uhhhh, adventure that lies ahead.
The bad news is that I'm tired.
I've showered (and hopefully that is the last time I shave my legs while bending over you moaning and groaning) and am in my bed, with no plans to get out until morning.
Or, well, until I need the potty.

My body replenishes your "pool" every three hours so it's been a very soggy day for me and I'm not loving it at this point.
The trickle that was this morning is now a significant leak but I suspect we're not seeing more "action" because you're probably doing what Creux did.
He kept part of his water balloon as a pillow, which probably felt terrific to him but prevented his head from pressing down on my cervix.
My labor stalled with him at 9cm with the midwife literally waiting in the chair sitting in the catching position.
Once she realized what had happened, she moved his pillow and within ten minutes he was in my arms.

I am grateful that this is not TOTALLY the case with you as I remember sitting there watching my contractions climb to a level off the chart in strength and thinking....thank God I can not feel this.  I would be dying.
So, until someone can come remove your pillow or just unplug your big noggin (you lying so low is probably working against me, too right now) I guess I'm happy to just have these mild contractions.

I can feel you wiggle from time to time so I know you're okay but I sure am anxious to meet you.

Tick tock, Baby.

Loving you already,
Mama

P.S.  I wrote your names in the steam from my shower on the glass doors, one girl and one boy.  I thought hopefully the next time I'm in there, probably while I'm laboring, that it would be a sweet reminder to keep me going.  I love knowing they're there.