Monday, July 5, 2010

3:54pm

Nothing went as planned, as my lack of posts would likely indicate.
I will tell your story at another time.

Your name is Luxe Yeardley and you were born at Grant hospital at 11:47 this morning and you are a beautiful little girl.
You look just like your sister.

I know family and friends are checking in and are worried by my quiet but we're all ok.
It's been a grueling 24 hours and if you can believe it, after all of that at home stuff, we almost didn't make it to the hospital in time!

I'm sitting in the nursery with you and we're getting ready to leave "against medical advice."
That's just a formal way of saying that they don't want me to leave as procedure and in order for me to walk out of here with you and return to our nest to salvage what we can from this "home birth" attempt, those are the papers that I'm required to sign.

You are I are doing great so I feel comfortable taking us both where we'll be more comfortable.

It's been quite an adventure, you little stinker, but I am so glad you're here.

I love you already,
Mama