Saturday, July 3, 2010

39 Weeks, 1 Day

This is it!
You're coming today!

I wondered yesterday as you've been super quiet for two days now (conserving energy?) and I had the MOTHER of all breakdowns in the early part of the afternoon.
Really, it was just hormones and frustration and it was only like 15 minutes because then small people start banging on the door wanting mama but when I finished weeping and wailing, I sat up, dried my tears and smiled.
I knew the end was near.
How near, I wasn't sure, but I knew it wouldn't be long.

When I saw the midwives on Wednesday, I pegged this weekend as your birthday but didn't want to publicly state so because then I felt like I'd jinx myself.
Because subsequent babies (that'd be you) tend to "drop" just before birth, I gave us until Sunday.

I woke up very early this morning feeling wet.
Wet enough that I needed new clothes.
And I wondered.
But some part of me also thought...it might be better to just sleep longer.
The midwives had given me a swab to test for fluid and I was so tempted to race downstairs to get it but the leak wasn't continual and I wasn't having any contractions so I thought I'd wait.
An hour later of tossing and turning and then another small surge of wetness drew me from my bed.
I went to find the swab, tested, and watched it immediately turn black.
(Which is the color of YIPPEE! on those babies :))

I woke Daddy, he's off doing....something...and I'm getting ready to get dressed and prepare for this.
I know I have more laboring to do than I usually do so that's got me a bit rattled.
I'm not expecting you soon--am not having contractions yet and when this happened with Creux, I had a good two hours before I started feeling uncomfortable.

I'm so excited to meet you!

I will stay in touch for as long as I can though the posts may be short and choppy as I just try to keep things updated.
I'll use spellcheck later :)

Here's wishing you a safe arrival!
Finally, finally, finally, after all these long months, I'll get to hold you soon.

Loving you already,
Mama