Saturday, July 3, 2010

7:45am

Have just finally spoken with Abby.
I told her that I was leaking fluid but feeling great so far (no contractions still).
She asked what color the fluid was--I said clear.
If you were under duress, you might pass your meconium and then could swallow it, which could cause you problems breathing.
In this case, your water would be greenish in color.
So we're good there.

The second thing she said to me was, "Did you get a good night's sleep?"
Uhhhh, no.
We were out really late and your siblings didn't get to bed until midnight, Daddy and I until after 2:00.

I was up just before 5:00 so...no, not much sleep going on.'

She has encouraged me to eat, drink and rest.
I am supposed to call again when I start having somewhat regular contractions.
I asked if she meant to "call when I'm uncomfortable" and she said, "call before then--I'm worried about you waiting too long."

So normally, a laboring mama calls when contractions are about 5 minutes apart but she's asked me to do so when I notice a pickup at all, even at 10 minutes apart.

I'm slightly nervous but since I'm feeling fine, other than a bigger leak than just an hour ago, I'm just...hanging out.
All of your siblings are still snoozing peacefully and I have to tell you this:

This is the start of my dream birth.
I've got the whole day ahead of me--it's not night time, nor even close.
The sun is out and shining bright.
I could not have picked a better birth day if I tried.

I am so happy to be home and to be staying home.
I am not second guessing this decision but rather excitedly anticipating this wonderful event from the comfort and safety and privacy of my home.

I just keep imagining being in bed with you, holding you, and all of my other babies climbing in and out, trying to get close and take their peeks and touches.

I can't believe this is happening!!

My best guess is that you'll arrive between 3:00 and 7:00pm tonight unless things really pick up fast.
Who knows, you could be a midnight baby... "born on the 4th of July!"

Whenever, I'm ready.
I'm excited and nervous and am slightly apprehensive (what am I getting into today???) but oh my goodness, you're at the end of it all.

This day holds so much promise.

Loving you already,
Mama