Thursday, August 19, 2010

You--Six Weeks, Three Days

You are the happiest in the mornings.
Right now you're jippin' me an hour of sleep at night, moving back from a five/six hour stretch to a four/five hour one.
I had been waking to nurse you around 6:00-6:30 in the morning and then again around 9ish.
But suddenly, I'm cruising through Blogland in the late 4:00am hour while you re-fuel.

You're supurb at just going right back to sleep, thank goodness.
And you'll wake again around 7ish to feed, again going right back to snoozing, sleeping in a bit in the REAL morning (the one where I don't feel like Queen of the Night still), allowing me to get up and get some things done before you "officially" wake up.

And when you do, when you're up and I open the drapes and start cooing at you, changing your clothes and kissing you with all the passion of the baby addict that I am, you start BEAMING at me.
I live for it and spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to get "just one more" before actually moving on and doing something with my day.

You're learning to sleep in bed alone which is absolutely terrific for both of us.
We're back to school these days so I really need you in a place where you can take good, solid naps and not be woken by the thundering antics of the Littles.
Plus, I'm a better mommy to the others when you're sleeping upstairs because I am not constantly hissing, "SHHHHHHHHHHH!" at them every 3.5 seconds.

Tuesday was the first day that I really stuck you up there without any warm body next to you for a quick snuggle.
You're super happy to sleep while being held and I had been doing that but now I'm more needed around the house in general and you need peace.
It didn't go well at first.
I'd nurse you and you'd fall asleep.  And then I'd take you up, lay you down...and come back to get your wailing self four minutes later.
You'd hang for a bit, nurse again, fall asleep again, be whisked off to bed again....and wake up again.
After a few hours of this, you finally gave up and slept for HOURS.
And then I think you realized that it wasn't so bad without me up there because we haven't had any other problems all week long and it's been great for both of us!

You're outgrowing your newborn clothes and diapers.
We've moved on to the Stage Ones for your wee unders and I'm hunting for some cloth ones to try.
I didn't want to order any until you arrived and I'm glad I didn't because I would have ordered for the bigger bum I thought I was getting.
Yours is waaaaay cute and tiny.
Your little bottom is just the sweetest thing ever.
I forgot they came that small!
(Am rather used to Creux's daddy-sized tushie.  It's big and squishy and I love that one too but yours is a very nice departure, I have to say.)

You chuckled in your sleep the other day.
I froze in place after slapping my hand over my mouth in sheer giddy excitement.
THAT was probably a reflex of yours because I can't imagine what you would find humorous enough to giggle without me near killing myself to charm you so thoroughly that you do it for me specificially.
But it was a-dor-able nonetheless and I know I said it before but I really can't wait for your giggles.

Since you're still sleeping, I need to go do some school with your brothers.
I'd much prefer to climb back into bed where you are (though you must  be looking for me in your sleep because you've sucked up the spot I previously had) but it's not the cards for me anymore.

You though, you enjoy every minute of your sweet nap.
I'll see you soon.

Love,
Mama