Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You--29 Weeks, 2 Days

I don't have long.
You're really bucking this whole "bedtime" thing.
Somehow you seem to know the difference between daytime sleeping (where you will happily snooze for upwards of three hours in your crib) and nighttime sleeping (where you absolutely, positively WON'T).
Because you somehow sense the difference, you know I can possibly go up there with you.
For the night.
And this is what you want and you are willing to wait for it.
You'll hang out as long as you can before looking at me with those begging eyes and whimpering (which turns to wailing faster than I'm ever expecting) and then I sigh...shut down my computer and head up to bed.
With you sniffling pitifully in my arms.
But then as soon as we hit the Nest, you get a little excited...and a little desperate.
You know you're SO CLOSE to getting me into that bed with you for a nice, long snuggle and it's almost your undoing.

So yeah, we're still sleeping together :)

You have taken to the crib magnificently during the day but you are still my baby barnacle at night.
Which is just fine by me.

Am hurrying now because I know you're going to come looking for me any minute.
Or Daddy will, anyway.

--Luxie, WHERE ARE YOUR TEETH?  Oh my goodness, I sure hope you aren't one of those babies who eats their birthday cake with a smashing set of gums.  Everyone else snapped up a pearly white around 4-5 months of age.  You are almost SEVEN.
And as toothless as could be!

--You're babbling tons suddenly!  Recognizable sounds these days which are VERY cute.
Everyone loves mimicking you.

--You're up on your hands and knees, lurching now!  Not so much creeping around, you either roll or drawl yourself up on all fours and heave forward.
Hmm.
On second thought, it's probably good that you don't have any teeth.

--I've already started thinking about your first birthday and that makes me a SAD mama.  But I'd like very much to do something special to celebrate and so, it's on my mind.  These things take time.

--Creux drove his battery-operated car through your hair yesterday and got it SO tangled that I thought your scalp was cut.  You sobbed but not as much as I thought you would, considering that Daddy unraveled it bit by bit.  We were going to cut it but then he thought he could get it out without chopping your locks.
You really are going to have to watch out for that one better, my love.
He's gonna getcha!

--Chas calls you "bug" which I find adorably sweet.  And I've noticed that when we speak OF you, we call you Luxe.  And when we speak TO you, it's Luxie. 
And still Luxor.
And Luxie Lu.
And Luxie Laaaaaadeeeee!
Pork chop has faded while "fat little cupcake" has gained popularity.
(That's your dad, by the way. All those others are me.)

You're coming!
I love you so much and can't wait to bury my face in your chunky little neck and hear your sweet baby belly giggle.
I got you on the Flip with that--thanks to Greer--so now I'll have that sound for always.

XO

(Let's go, you fat little cupcake!  Up to bed!  YAY!)