Tuesday, December 29, 2009

12 Weeks, 4 Days

It's like the sun has come out.

I honestly can't explain what the last several weeks have been like (or maybe I have?) but even for me, being able to take a step back from the situation I sort of  already "forget" how low those lows of early pregnancy were for me.

Even my appetite is changing, and I'm happy to report that we're getting back to normal!
For months, I couldn't really even look at fruit; nothing appealed to me AT ALL.
I'd force down a banana because it was so bland, it couldn't be possibly be offensive to my tummy (and yet, it was) but other than that, I really wanted very little in the way of healthy food.

I did manage to get my hands on some of those cheesefries that I (you) was craving so badly.
Let me say a word really quickly about that and it has nothing to do with the fry and everything to do with the friends.  (The friends who found me my fries.)

Choose wisely, wee baby.  Pick friends who are good to you always and will be there for you no matter what, who encourage you to make wise choices, who would never want to see you fail.
If you're a boy, choose the guys who are treat their mothers and girlfriends (or wives) well.  It's simple logic that if they do that correctly, they're going to ACE friendship.

And if you're a girl (and I STILL think you are but found myself fondling a little pirate-y sweatshirt the other day in a baby store), surround yourself with the kind-hearted yet funny.  Your friends should make you feel good inside, should inspire you and lift you up and laugh with you.
And they should, when reading that your pregnant self is craving cheesefries from the Longhorn Steakhouse, be the girlfriends who will get you those darn fries, EVEN IF they eat a salad while you literally lick cheese off of your chin.

Back to my point.
(I'm allowed to impart some of life's little lessons in this book, by the way.  Who knows where I'll be when you eventually get around to reading and enjoying all of this.  Hopefully I can be there when you and all your siblings sit and make fun of the fact that I said "groovy" in the posting a few days back.  But if not, you'll have my words of wisdom...well, you'll have my words, anyway ;))

Tonight we had to do a diaper run.
Creux decided that on the ONE day in the last YEAR that Daddy worked late that he's spend the evening pooping hourly.
Super fantastic fun for me.
So we ended up being low on diapers. 
Actually we ended up being out of them.
There IS a difference and it sucks to learn that difference in the moment of need.

Daddy geared up to head out and he said to me, "Do you want anything else?"
"YES!" I nearly shouted.
"I want some grapes and strawberries and apples and bananas!"

It's been ages since I've craved those foods.
I'm dying for some super fruity smoothies (plus I need extra protein boosts from all the seeds I can throw in and not taste!) but our blender died back when we had a little too much margarita fun with some friends.
(Same friends as the cheesefries-getters.  Margaritas and cheesefries.  These girls are AWESOME!)
Anyway, we are blender-less but will be purchasing one as soon as possible so that I can get my breakfasty fix.
I'm craving a raspberry/blueberry mix.
I need to stop talking about it actually.
We don't want it to get so bad that Daddy's out trying to find an open Smoothie King at midnight.

Anyway, when he returned home, we gobbled up a bowl of super yummy fruits and I swear nothing (aside from those cheesefries) has ever tasted better and I didn't feel sick at all after eating the (whole) bowl!

(Though when I mentioned that I wanted strawberries, Daddy gasped, "Those are like $5 a pint!"  As if I care!  They could be a $100 a darn pint and I'd still want them!  He's just lucky I'm not still craving watermelon which is WAY out of season, I don't even know where we could get one shipped in from but I guaran-dang-tee it'd be a heck of a lot more than five measly bucks.  They were worth every stinkin' penny, by the way.  Y-u-m-m-y.)

In complete honesty, I must add one teensy-weensy additional ingredient to that shopping list I mentioned.
I ran out of the most DECADENT chocolate ice cream in the whole wide world (oh my, it has a hard crackle topping and when you nibble through that, all that crackle-y goodness is mixed in with the actual ice cream--I can't take it!) and I HAD to have some more.  I didn't eat any tonight but it makes me feel better just knowing it's in the fridge in case I need it at say, 4:00 in the morning.

Nobody's perfect, my love, least of all me :)

Anyway, enjoy your delicious snack in there!
And thanks for finally asking for something that I don't feel like I need to sit in the dark, dark closet and eat.
Kentucky Fried Chicken...really?
I stand by my statements that fast food is crap food, even if you dragged it from the depths of my food memories which told you differently.
Hope it was good cuz it's gone, baby, gone.
Look out, hummus, here we come!
(I'm kidding.  I hate hummus.  But I SHOULD eat it.)
(Nah, I'm good.)

Loving you already,
Mama