Monday, December 14, 2009

10 Weeks, 4 Days

Surprise!
We're going to see you tonight!
I just got off the phone with the ultrasound people and they had an appointment available at 8:20 this evening and I couldn't help myself!  I took it!

I had thought we'd wait just a bit longer--the midwives suggested a few weeks further would give a more accurate ultrasound reading in case there's more than one of you in there but I just couldn't resist when they asked if I wanted to come in TONIGHT.

So I took the appointment and called your Daddy to surprise him:
"Do you feel like seeing your baby tonight?" is what I said and he was quick to say, "YES!"

We'll gather your siblings for this little family field trip and in just a few hours, we'll get a peek at you with that tiny flashing heartbeart.  Since you're able to move around in there, (though I can't feel you yet but today had a major flashback to what those first little pelts are like--little bony appendages knocking me in the belly, randomly, as if by chance, somewhat feebly) the receptionist suggested I drink a bit of juice before heading in to get you to wiggle for the camera so we'll see what I can rummage up in the fridge.

I'm actually having a great day today, my nausea only about a three on the scale that seems forever tipped to eight and this just makes it so much better.

See you soon, my love!

Loving you already,
Mama

PS...I don't really think there are two of you in there but I would not be a BIT surprised if that was the news handed to us.
PPS...I don't know what I'll do if your dates are off--all those posts to fix!  I don't know how they could be since I'm positive of your conception date (though the time period could be flexible by a day or two, I'm just assuming you happened on the day I know I was ovulating but I guess there is a small window of ambiguity).  But we'll see what you're measurement readings say and if I have to change the date titles, I will change the darn date titles.  (And will be sort of relieved that there's only about 20!)