Thursday, December 17, 2009

11 Weeks

Apparently, this eleven week "feel better" milestone is no longer a milestone.
I think I'm getting worse, actually!
I lost two meals today--lunch and dinner.

And I awoke from a nap on the couch this afternoon craving an ice cream sundae.
Four scoops of ice cream, one whole banana, and a LOT of chocolate sauce.

You didn't make me throw THAT up, now did you?

Noooo, I eat gobs of fresh green beans and a little bit of protein, even trying a baked potato in the hopes that it'd be bland enough to stay in my tummy.
And you immediately hit the "reject" button on that food.
But the super high calorie ice cream treat, that one can stick around, huh?

You're lucky you're so cute, with those eensy-weensy little hands waving around in there.

Do you want to know what else you want me to rummage up for you?
Cheese fries.
Preferably from the Longhorn Steakhouse, a place I haven't frequented in about, ohhhh, six years maybe.
And the other day, I was actually lost in thought over a cheeseburger from Wendy's but I cut that little trip down memory lane short because there's NO WAY I'm eating a cheesburger.  I know it's you asking for that junk too because I simply do not eat this way!  It's like you highjacked the niche in my brain where you're able to peruse every single BAD (but tasty, I admit--tasty) food choice I've ever made in my life and you start ordering things from back in 2001!

I wish it were summer so that I could show you how yummy a super ripe peach is, one I picked up from the farmer's market, one that's still warm from sitting out in the sun. 
Maybe THEN you'd stop requesting all of the things that I happily live without in my diet.
Unfortunately, the only thing officially in-season right now is winter squash and I worry that if I try THAT on you, you'll make me start eating Crisco.

I took Greer to see "Madeline's Christmas" today downtown and one of our co-op mamas brought along her super cooing and deliciously chubby infant daughter.  I think I paid more attention to those little baby grunts and squeals coming from the child than I did to the actors on stage.  I was just lost in my own little trips down memory lane and at the same time, I was relishing the idea that soon enough, that mama busy bouncing the baby would be me and the cute coo'er would be YOU.

I'm looking forward to keeping you quiet, bouncing and jiggling, making funny faces, nibbling your little neck, kissing your fleshy cheeks. 
Even in the middle of the night.
Sometimes that's my favorite time because it's so private and you babies are always so sweet, nursing away while tugging at my hair, or just quietly studying my face until....zzzzzz.

Loving you already, Junk Food Junkie,
Mama