Sunday, November 29, 2009

You Aren't Really Surprised, Are You?

Well, if you put two and two together, you now know that YEP, I'M PREGNANT!
I'm eight weeks along, due on July 9th.
And this new little slot in cyberspace is where I've been spending my time...the time that I'm not spending vomiting into the toilet, that is.

Awhile back, when I knew that a baby was looming in my future, I mentioned that I had decided to give my words to someone else for a bit, that I'd be spending less time on my regular blog as I worked "somewhere else."

My baby is the receiver of those words and it is my intent that the words written on these pages will be bound into a book for my baby to have for always and forever.  It is the story of someone not yet here...but very present for me.  I conceived the idea for this book almost around the time I conceived my child :)  I felt a pulling to write somewhere else for a bit--not that my blog isn't meaningful but I wanted to try something new.

And I honestly don't think I could put my effort into anything more important than crafting a living memory for my unborn child.

It is my hope that this book will be a cherished keepsake for this baby....and my family...as the years pass.
I think we always wonder "how things were" when our parents were young and raising us and, as mothers, how they felt when pregnant.  Were they sick? What did they crave?  What thoughts, hopes, dreams did they hold for us during those long ten (it is TEN) months of pregnancy.

My life is crazy.  I don't do baby books; I'm not the scrapbooking kind, nor am I very organized with my photos.
But for some reason, I use the Internet and I will journal my life away on it.
So, my life is crazy but I don't want to miss a thing--so I'm sticking with what works.
I hold in my hands an opportunity to allow this child, and my family and friends, to travel this road with me.
At some point, he or she will be able to sit down and read my thoughts and feelings and know my joy and anguish first-hand as I waited for his or her arrival.

I happily invite you to read along though I must admit that this is a bit more...intimate...for me than my normal jokey kid-writings.  But I feel like my family and friends are weaved so very closely to my heart and soul and I rely heavily on the support that they give me and the happiness that they share with me.  I would like to share this incredible time in my life with those who surround us with love and this is the most impactful of ways.
As this will eventually be a book, there will not be a comment section on this blog but I'd love to hear your thoughts via email.  And as always, I thank you for sharing in my life.  My writings have brought me closer to the friends I've always known and have connected me to virtual strangers and I'm hoping that this continues to do more of the same.

There are missing entries and as I update, I will post them at the top and then move them to the correct chronological order after a day or so.  And this blog page is bare bones, it's been all I could do to just...write, much less add the details that I want on this space.  As soon as I start feeling better, hopefully there will be some great (personal) changes made on this page.

I'll be honest--I'm barely keeping my head above water right now.  I've never in my life been this wiped out, nor have I been sicker--never, not ever.  I've literally been forcing myself to make the entries you see here because I know it's important for me to keep up on them.  My lack of blogging on the Lifelines page is due in part to this blog, but also again, owing to the fact that I truly might be carrying twins.  (That's a joke.  I think.)  Unfortunately, the missing pieces are biggies--the "we're pregnant!" announcement to kids and families but I'll get them up there.  Also missing are photos, I do have a few and those will grow significantly as I do.

We are tenatively planning a homebirth for this baby (when you've picked your jaws up off the floor, keep reading--I'll give you a sec) and have our first meeting with the midwives next week.  It's my hope to document as much of this pregnancy as possible though I may close this blog towards the end depending on content. 

In the meantime, I'll just be here and there (Lifelines) and trying like hell to pull myself from the bog of mommy sick that I've landed in :)

This is a true labor of love, most definitely a gift of words, and it is my extreme pleasure to toil away the days, virtually scribbling as I go, expectant and awaiting my next little lifeline.