Monday, September 13, 2010

You--10 Weeks

I've had mass amounts of anxiety over my non-posting for you.
I swore I'd do better, posting shorter yet more frequently and I was doing so good there for a bit but MAN.
It's hard to take care of you AND write to you!
I'm wiped by the end of the days and it's all I can do to toss up a few cute shots of you and your sibs over on my other blog.

Life has taken a tremendous turn for crazy.
Luxie, you are the bestest baby ever and I mean that sincerely.
Ever since the start of the month, I have dragged you from place to place.
I can't get past it, can't get around it.
We no longer cuddle in my bed for late mornings or afternoon naps--there simply is no time.
I took one nap with you recently, on the first Thursday that we started back to co-op, and I'm not even sure I'd call it a nap.
A mid-day, short-term COMA might be more accurate.

So let me catch you up on you really quickly and then I need to get showered.
I can only shower at night right now while you're sleeping in your swing as my days are too busy and I'm NOT getting up early.

--Your eyelashes are fully in.  I noticed this today and took some photos.
Yes, of your eyelashes.

--Luxe, you HATE your carseat and I can't fix this for you.  I never ever expected you to dislike that thing so much but if I found a needle buried in the back of it, it would make total sense to me.  You sit backwards smack dab in the middle of our car, surrounded by siblings (two facing you, two beside you) and it does not make a damn bit of difference.  If you set that thing on fire once you're able to walk, I will totally understand.

--Your swing is where you like to sleep and I don't like this at all.  Wasn't I just saying how important I felt it was to shelter you from the noise and chaos downstairs?  You're now up in the mornings around 8:30-9:00 and you'll stay awake for an hour or so.  We'll cruise the downstairs together, cleaning up the kitchen or doing schoolwork.  Then you'll drift off in my arms and I'll sneak you into bed but you never sleep long there.
If we're home (which we aren't), I'll wait until Creux heads down for his nap so it's nice and quiet and then pop you into the swing where you'd happily sleep for DAYS if I let you.

--Your hair is coming in more.  Strawberry blonde?

--No giggles yet but tons of smiles and my fave coos.  We talk.  A LOT. 
We're girls, we do that.

--Almost all of your newborn clothing has been packed away.  Just a few sleeping gowns are all that's left.

--This is what people say when they first meet you:
"She looks just like the rest of them, doesn't she?"
"Oh my goodness, she looks EXACTLY like her big sister!"  (You do.  It's uncanny.)
"She's so tiny!  How much did she weigh when she was born?"

That last one is so strange to me because I think you're huge!   You're nice and solid in my arms, you have two chins and some really cute rolls down by your girly bits.  No cellulite yet (I keep checking cause I adore baby cellulite) but we're working on it.  Not sure how much you weigh but am guessing somewhere in the 9-10 pound range.

--I've left you several times already.  Last week I had to get my hair done and I was a nervous wreck, terrified that you'd wake and need me and that I'd be out in Granville having my fall low-lights put in my hair.
I walked in and said, "I don't have long today.  If my sitter calls, I'm walking out with wet, uncut hair if I need to so LET'S MOVE IT!"  Because I really didn't need uncut hair.  I'd gone almost three long months without any diva maintenancing and BOY did I need it.

--You're just so different these days.  You're a big girl, two and a half months old.  No more newborny stuff, even sleep-wise--no more.  No sleeping on my tummy, no more totally sporadic feeds (you can go three hours now and most times you do), no more baby coma, no more just...newness.  You're established somewhat and you've acclimated yourself here just fine.  You tolerate the noise pretty well, not even freaking out when someone goes running past you shrieking over someone taking something of theirs.  Of course, you've been listening to that crap ever since you were a twinkle in my eye so maybe that's not so surprising.

--I bought THE CUTEST Halloween get-up for you.  Not a costume, a...frock.  With tulle and glitter and sparkles.  Halloween should be every day for you.

You're just a delight.
I love you madly and even on the short runs that I do while you're sleeping...I can't wait to get back to you.
When you sleep long, I can't wait for you to wake so I can kiss and cuddle you a bit.
I miss you in my sleep so I dream about you.
I. Am. Smitten.

Happy 10 weeks to you.

Love,
Mama

P.S.  I will do better posting. Again.  This is a long-term project at this point, I see no reason not to continue to write to you so...I'm in for the haul.  I just need the days to be 30 hours instead of 24.  I could do so much with those extra six hours, you have no idea....